The new Aldeburgh Golf Club flag was first raised on 28th May 2021. It is loosely  based on the original coat of arms granted in 1561 and again in 1951. There is a lack of consensus whether the boat was the Marigold or the Pelican, but what is certain is that it represents the importance of Aldeburgh as a shipbuilding centre and latterly a fishing hub. The striking new  flag offers a warm welcome to everyone who visits Aldeburgh Golf Club.